Ads

Monday, June 12, 2006

Tamu Besar Kota Belud (11th June 2006 - Sunday)

So, I was really anxious to go. Planned to take lotsa photo. But I only manage to get few. *sigh. Anyways, the night before, I couldn't sleep. I was up converting mp3 to wav format as ringtones. Guess I was too excited. I only went to bed at around 1am-ish. Woke up around 5am-ish. Looking at the ceiling till I heard my parents room door (means somebody finally awake). Hey I thought they said 6am we start going? We only started to get out from the house at around 6:10am. Wasn't sleepy at all. There's only 3 of us. Me, mum and dad. Dad is the one driving. Hehehhe. I'll probably drive if it's my car hehehe.

Stopped at Tuaran for breakfast. Most of the shops aren't open yet. I had meehoon soup. It was ok. Not gonna say totally drooling for it. After breakfast, we continue to our destination. Actually the main purpose of dad wanting to go there is to look for fish. They call it "ikan liking" (sounding like li not lie). It's actually dried fish with chili on top. Most people said it's tasty. I haven't tried it yet. Just fry it and eat with rice. I wonder.

On the way there, I noticed the sky. Wut a beautiful scenery. Saw some water lilies. Wanted to take photo but dun think dad would stop by for few second/minute? We reached there at around 7am-ish. Couldn't remember the exact time. Dad wanted to stop for fuel at Petronas and thought maybe he would only do that on the way back. Anyways, there's a lot of people selling vegetables, fruits, handicrafts, traditional medicine, bedsheets, clothings, fresh fish, crabs, oyster and etc. Me and mum had to go to the toilet first. Well, actually I had to go so badly. Dad went the other way and look for stuffs he wanted to get.

These are the photo that I took on that day.


Souvenirs


Mum bought this. Dunno what it's called

Not so much though I enjoyed going there. Went back at around 10am-ish. On the way back to Kota Kinabalu. Dad brought us to this stall selling coconut drinks and puding to try out the tasty scallops, clams and mussels. Anyways, we had "kerang", "lokan" and "kupang". Ohohoho I didn't know what these are till my dad pointed it to me. Oooooooo so tasty! I love to eat "kupang". It cost RM7 for I think 20 pieces of it. Bigger ones cost around RM12. Oooooooo I'm so going there again. So tasty! *drools. Here are some photos that I took there.


This is the stall where you should go try those delicious scallops

How they cook it


Look at those tasty scallop. *nyummy~




Tasty mussels. Oooooooooooo I so love this.

After lunch (well that doesn't quite consider lunch), we went to pick my sis up. She just came back from "Manukan Island". Reached home at around noon. Watch tv whole day heheheh

1 comment:

  1. oh my.... look at those kupangggss.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete