Ads

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February is Dorama Marathon Month

Don't ask.

It's sort of one of those month that you somehow decided to spend your time at home watching tons of japanese and korean dorama from misc streaming websites.  I started early this month and I can't seem to stop.  Been wanting to blog about this few days ago but I can't seem to get the right words to complete a sentence.

Anyways, lets start with the past ones (the ones I finish and the on-going ones) shall we? 

Lets just say that I randomly click the ones I never watch and the ones which are most watched by viewers.



First, I started with this japanese dorama called Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.



Description: Takano Kyohei is a handsome but bad-tempered university student who is always ready for a fight; Toyama Yukinojo possesses a cuteness that can be mistaken for a girl; the cool-headed Oda Takenaga excels in academics and sports; and the princely Mori Ranmaru loves females, accept a proposal from the female owner of the house where they are lodging at for ?free lodging if they are able to transform her niece into a proper lady?. Her niece, Nakahara Sunako lives in a gloomy and solitary world because of an inferior complex about her looks. -Jdrama Weblog
This is an on-going dorama.  Currently at episode 5, so for those who doesn't wanna wait till it reaches the end of the series, don't watch it first.  I like this series coz Sunako chan is so dark and she sleeps in a coffin lulz.

The next dorama that I went through was a 16 episode korean series called "You're Beautiful". 


Description:  Tae Kyung and On Yu are in search of a new member for their idol group, A.N.JELL. However, Mi Nam suffers an injury at the last moment. So Mi Nyu, his twin sister, is asked to step in for her brother. The rest of the drama follows the behind-the-scenes life of an idol group.
I finish this in less than 2 days.  I didn't get enuff sleep, mind you.  But this series is so great, apart from drooling at the character Hwang Tae Kyung, this series make me want a Fujifilm Instant Mini S7.  *uhuk~ anybody gonna buy me one?  My birthday's in August *giggles.

Then I went on watching another japanese dorama called "Majisuka Gakuen".


This series is on-going too.  Up till episode 6 I think.  There weren't any detailed description on the online stream site that I watch this series but I can say this series made me curious.  I would say it's about a yankee high school story.  But seriously, I've never seen a school that dirty / deserted.  I mean seriously! 

Another japanese dorama called "Real Clothes".


Description:  Kinue is a saleswoman in the futon section of a department store. One day, she suddenly gets transferred to the women's clothing department, even though she herself is lacking in fashion sense. Her new boss Miki, soon introduces Kinue to the tough reality of the fashion world. Through this job, Kinue learns about the meaning of life, love, and work.
11 episode in total.  The first episode was boring, it gets interesting after that.  Episode 11 is not subbed though.  But I manage to watch it.  This was a great series.  Boring people can be beautiful ;)

And another japanese series, Magerarenai Onna.


Description:  Ogiwara Saki, 33, is a woman who does not go with the flow of society but forges her own path. She hates flattering men and trying to be nice to people of the same sex. She has failed the bar exam ten times in a row but persists in her dream of being a lawyer while working as a clerk at a law firm. Saki’s good friend, Osabe Riko, who is a mother of two children, was high school classmates with Saki, but is in fact 35, because she had deliberately declared herself to be two years younger. She has no qualms of lying for the sake of female happiness, pretending to be married to a man of wealth and blessed with children. Because her personality is the exact opposite, this accentuates Saki’s uncompromising way of life.
Erm, for this one, I only watch episode 1.  Erm, not so great yet.  Maybe watch it soon.

And another, Bloody Monday.


Description:  After a biological terrorist attack kills off the population of a Russian town; Japan's Public Safety Special Third unit, code name THIRD-i, believes that the terrorist organization responsible plans to unleash the same virus known as Bloody X into Tokyo. Subsequently, THIRD-i recruits the help of genius hacker Takagi Fujimaru to find out what happened in the Russia. However, as Fujimaru becomes involved, he soon finds out that he is in over his head and that the terrorist groups influence reaches not only his school but even the police. Fujimaru must now rely on his skill as a hacker to unravel the organizations sinister plot and find out the truth behind "Bloody Monday."

I watch this coz there's a new season for this series.  I never watch the 1st season yet so watching that now.  Bunch of terrorist and hacker kid keeps looping.  Cut it short.  Come on!  It's getting on my nerves.

And finally the one I'm currently watching, korean dorama called "Pasta".

Oh this series is great.  Heck I seem to be immune with the whole shouting scene.


Description:  "Pasta" covers the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef at Mamma Mia restaurant.
Seo Yoo Kyung started her career as a third ranked chef assistant at Mamma Mia restaurant. She eventually works her way up to become a chef.
Choi Hyun Wook is the top chef at Mamma Mia restaurant. He studied the culinary arts in Italy and started out as a chef assistant at a hotel in Sicily. Hyun Wook eventually worked his way up to become the most widely recognized Italian chef in Korea.
This is a MUST watch!

Was even trying to watch this at work.  But 4mbps was too crappy.  I think going through 3 days of not properly sleeping has affecting me now.  Imagine eyebags and pimples.  Crap! I got the whole fireworks and people partying, *points at "illegal" neighbour those past days.  Hehe, ogie maybe not entirely their fault but pretty much their fault coz I can't sleep with noise.

So yeah, there, my reason for neglecting my blog post and hopping to everyone's blog.  Though, every now and then I do visit my reader's blog ;)

Till then, I'm gonna head back to watching Pasta now.  MUST FINISH WATCH!

God save my soul @_@"""

P/S:  Just in case you're bored, hehe, try watch the above tv series hehe.

13 comments:

  1. You're Beautiful sounds nice!!! i wanna watch that!!!

    Once i watched a korean drama, first korean drama i watched from 1st episode till finish...titled My Lovely Sam Soon...the story is very simple one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy C: Oh that sam soon series best! I watched that before. Did u watch a movie called 200 pounds beauty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. massy, yea i watched it in astro last year... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @amy c: best tu kan XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorama = Doraemon + Drama?
    Dorayaki + Drama?

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea bessst! my weekend..im gonna watch You're Beautiful...but u watch mana ah massy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cindy: OMG LOL. Dorama = drama kekeke.

    @Amy C: I listed it at google buzz ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you're one of those Japanese and Korean movie fan, huh :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Nick: yesth! XD I like em alot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Bloody Monday too:) Wat program u use to watch it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kelvin: Online streaming sites ;) currently there's 3 reliable ones for me. And one of it is dramacrazy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you really like japanese dramas eh.. i rarely watch them.. =P

    kenwooi.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. @kenwooi: I sure do, at least I got something to do ;)

    ReplyDelete