Ads

Sunday, February 07, 2010

[Boardgame] Last Night on Earth

The weather been crazy lately.  It's so frigging hot.  Come to think of it, why do we complain about the weather all the time?  Hmm, maybe we as human being likes to complain?  I know I do that all the time.  I have no idea why though.

I'd planned my Saturday but it didn't go as planned coz of the weather.  Too hot.  I got lazy and stayed home become couch potato.  But I'd promise uncle that I'd go to his house for boardgame.  And I wanted to try the zombie game.  And I did.





This game is called, Last Night on Earth.

According to BoardGameGeek;

Last Night on Earth, The Zombie Game is a survival horror board game that pits small-town Heroes head-to-head against a limitless horde of Zombies (players can play on the Hero team or as the Zombies). A modular board randomly determines the layout of the town at the start of each game and there are several different scenarios to play, adding lots of replayability. Fast Paced Game Play with Easy To Learn rules allows players to jump right into the action, while Strategic Depth and Strong Cooperative Play keeps the game interesting.
Source: BoardGameGeek

Our first scenario is Escape in the truck.


There's 5 scenario to choose from, but there are expansions and more scenarios to choose from.  Think of it like playing Left 4 Dead.

There are also 8 random characters to choose from.

 

 The survivors and 1 evil unicorn zombie.

 
  

Hero and Zombie movement summary.



You need die/dices for movement or fighting.


Sun Track for zombies, zombie deck (for zombies) and hero deck (for survivors).

 

Taken Over / Light Outs token.



Anyways, my first survivor is a priest @_@"""

Why do I owez get this kind of character? *sweat.  I'm holy hahahaha yeah rite.

 
  

The boardgame, connecting tiles are pick at random.



The survivor could roll a die and move according to the number or  search the building for loot items.  In this scenario, the survivors must get gasoline and key to survive.

Zombie wins if they killed 4 survivors or sun track reaches 1 or the survivor can't get the above.  Different scenario have different ending.

Sample deck.

 

  

In some situation, the "unicorn" that control the zombies could do this.



If this happens, survivor can't loot items from that building.

My priest died.  My 2nd survivor is Jenny ;) Farm girl.

 

And I found a dog.  But it died T_T



We died because

 

Overall it's a fun game.  Love it.  But I won't play the next scenario which is;

Defend the Manor House.
Zombies win if 9 of them get into the manor wth.



Different tiles.

 

This was less fun coz we couldn't loot in the manor hmph~! Had to go to the other buildings to loot but failed.
Oh and I was emo kid.



One problem came after the other, that's why we failed.

 

I want to play other scenario.  Definitely not this one hmph~
Anyways, I went home around midnite to then go out again around 2am.  My bro got into an accident.  Lets just say that he was unlucky to meet retarded motorist who didn't know how to overtake a truck.  Damn farked up.  Somehow there's accident everywhere.  Oh yeah, did you notice the moon today?  It looks like a half cut orange.

Anyways it's 4am and I'm hungry.  Maybe I should stay up till morning.  Hmm.. I'll think about it.  Hopefully tomorrow's a better day ;)

5 comments:

  1. i just dono why... maybe i dont have boardgame kaki or what but i only like to play monopoly... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do play lots of interesting games :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Henry: ahhahah maybe no kaki to play other boardgames ;) Should try other boardgames, fun!

    @Nick: hehehehe, I have frens who have interesting boardgames for me to play ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:47 AM

    that night while sending fara back i saw about 3 accidents and i nearly hit on a dog too. malam tu i got goosebump whole night oso.

    anyway we should try munchkin again! :D

    - sotong

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sotong: I haven't try munchkin XD

    ReplyDelete